On Friday 30th September 2022 Community Energy London held the first of our three Technology Spotlight Events, focusing on community-led rooftop Solar PV.
This event provided valuable information for community energy groups looking to engage in rooftop solar PV and those who may wish to work with them, such as solar industry businesses, local authorities and potential site owners.
View the presentation slides here
View a summary of the Zoom chat here
Sign up to our mailing list here
- Kevin McCann – Policy Manager, Solar Energy UK
- Dr Christian Jardine – Technical Director, Joju Solar and Senior Researcher, University of Oxford
- Syed Ahmed – Chair, Community Energy London
- Paul Hallas – Director, Sustainable Energy 24
- Jessica Dunning – Project Officer, Community Energy London
- Solar Policy in London
- Community Solar in London – Case Studies
- The Challenges of large-scale Community Solar for Community Energy Groups
- The latest developments in rooftop solar and storage technologies
- Future trends foreseen
- Price projections of technologies
- Routes that companies may be adopting to work in partnership with CE groups
- Opportunities for groups to establish relationships with companies to develop ‘bigger and bolder’ projects
- Solar Skills London – a training and skills project supported by the Mayor of London and intended to develop London’s solar supply chain, led by MCS and Solar Energy UK.
Community energy groups in London have developed many Solar PV projects in the capital, supported by the London Community Energy Fund (LCEF) and Mayor’s Solar Action Plan. An increasing number of London boroughs are also bringing forward community energy funds to support new projects in their areas. The latest Community Solar projects in London can be seen on CEL’s Project Map. We hope this event will support groups to continue this work, inspiring bigger and bolder projects.
Resources mentioned in this webinar:
Community Energy London resources:
Solar Energy UK resources:
If you have any questions about this event or series please email Jess – [email protected]
For more general queries please email [email protected]