Fuel Poverty & Energy Advice Workshop 2/6
On Friday 24th June we held our second Fuel Poverty and Energy Advice workshop. This bumper edition was during Community Energy Fortnight and looked at the key issue of funding.
Focus: A whistle stop tour of key funding opportunities for fuel poverty alleviation & energy advice based projects & how to secure funding
In this workshop you’ll get:
- an overview of key funders
- hear from organisations about applying to their funds
- meet others on a similar road
- come away with useful tips for writing strong bids including a preparation template to use, regardless of what type of funders your research points you to.
Invited organisations and funder Energy Redress, UK Power Network’s Power Partners funding, Greenfunders.org.uk and Action Funder. You will also hear the latest about working with one of CEL’s more established members South East London Community Energy (Selce.org.uk)about funding activity from refering suitable households for energy efficiency grants.
- Welcome and introduction – Alex Hartley CEL Fuel Poverty Co-ordinator
- Benefits of using a Project Initiation Document (PID) before starting to seek funding: don’t put the cart before the horse!
- Breakout groups using the PID-project-initiation-document-template and case study (25 mins)
- Hearing from funders and key things they want to see in bids
- Alternative sources of income such as refering people for grants – Dr. Giovanna Speciale, Selce
- Summary, upcoming sessions and thanks
- 2pm Close
The slides are available here
The recording is below:
If you have any questions please email me – [email protected]