Lewisham Council Launches Community Energy Fund!
Lewisham Council has just launched their new Community Energy Fund! First round of applications are due October 28th. See below for details, or check out the Lewisham Council website.
Apply for funding to help cut carbon emissions
If you are part of a local community group and would like to cut your energy bills, or help others to, you can apply for funding through the Lewisham Community Energy Fund.
We are aiming to make Lewisham a carbon neutral borough by 2030. We are offering grants to groups looking to:
- generate renewable energy
- cut fuel consumption by adapting equipment already in use
- increase awareness and improve energy efficiency within your community.
Grants are available for:
- feasibility and business case development
- project implementation.
Groups eligible to apply
- community and voluntary groups
- faith and equalities groups
- social enterprises
- small-medium enterprises (including third-sector organisations and sole traders) which:
- employ fewer than 250 full-time employees
- have an annual turnover below £25m
- are no more than 25% owned by a parent company that does not meet the above criteria.
Projects that will be prioritised
The Lewisham Community Energy Fund will prioritise:
- collective action to reduce, manage and generate energy
- community-led projects of direct benefit to the local community
- action which will increase awareness and improve energy efficiency
- projects targeting homes affected by fuel poverty
- activity that complements existing work in the borough
- new approaches that will deliver measurable impacts for the borough.
There will be two opportunities to apply for this funding.
First opportunity to apply
- Deadline for submissions: 28 October 2019
- Feedback to applicants: 15 November 2019
- Deadline for signed funding agreements: 29 November 2019
- Projects undertaken: from 2 December 2019 to agreed completion date.
Second opportunity to apply
- Deadline for submissions: 9 December 2019
- Feedback to applicants: 10 January 2020
- Deadline for signed funding agreements: 24 January 2020
- Projects undertaken: from 27 January 2020 to agreed completion date.